As a Strategist in the brand strategy team, you will apply strategic, analytical and creative thinking to solve brand problems for clients on a daily basis. You will work on different individual modules of the strategy projects, under the supervision of the strategy director. You will also have the opportunity to execute smaller scale projects from start to finish. In this role, you will have the opportunity to get involved in branding projects for leading companies in various industries.
- Participate in all stages of brand strategy projects, from research and analysis to the development of recommendations.
- Investigate in depth the industry and the competitive environment in which the client’s company operates.
- Analyze business strategy documents and communication materials.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with internal and external audiences and synthesize the findings of these interviews.
- Synthesize information from a wide range of sources (documents, Internet, interviews) to frame the client’s situation and identify the challenges faced by the brand.
- Be able to “weave a compelling story” with the result of the market analysis, brand audit and interview findings.
- Prepare presentations that include research findings, the analysis carried out and the strategic recommendations.
- Organize and coordinate client presentation meetings.
- Serve as a key person and face of the company before clients, which includes helping to manage expectations and facilitate discussions.
- Collaborate with and guide the work flow of other consultants and designers to explore alternatives and develop ideas.
- Work collaboratively with project managers to help define deliverables, timelines and meet client deadlines.
- 2-5 years of experience in disciplines such as brand strategy, commercial strategy, business consulting, marketing or strategic planning.
- Significant exposure to projects in multiple industries or sectors, both B2B and B2C.
- Familiarity with strategy and capability in specific areas such as brand positioning and architecture, among others.
- Ability to simplify information, organize data in a methodical way and articulate the narration of a presentation.
- Willingness to address problems from multiple angles and strive to provide outstanding brand ideas to clients.
- Ability to communicate eloquently both orally and in writing.
- Excellent business intuition, ability to understand the dynamics of each client and the implications of the project.
- Ability to thrive in teamwork situations, actively contributing with ideas that enhance or challenge the ‘status quo’.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet project budgets and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in communication, business administration or discipline related to the brand strategy.
Marqas continuously seeks to promote the principles of equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. As such, Marqas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or physical disability. This policy applies to all personnel activities and employment conditions.